Photo of my and signup.

Photo of my and signup.
If you want to subscribe to follow me via Mail Chimp, the signup is in my sidebar or at the bottom of my posts.

Sunday, July 21, 2013

BUTTERFLIES AND LIQUID GLASS.

While we're on the subject of butterflies (from my previous tutorial on the Tag Merry-Go-Round album, PART II), I wanted to show you a cute project using the Quick-Cards Butterfly stamp and Close to My Heart LIQUID GLASS.  I think Liquid Glass is a MUST HAVE for anyone who enjoys crafting!


I love how the Liquid Glass looks wet and shiny!


I stamped my butterfly image on a piece of Colonial White cardstock and then cut out around it.  I used my Close to My Heart WATERCOLOR PENCILS and scribbled around the image, first in yellow, and then in orange.  I then used the BLENDING PEN to shade the colors together. I love this soft effect.  


Use the Liquid Glass to fill in the area of the wings and body, giving a good coating and being careful not to get air bubbles.  If there are air bubbles, you can prick them with a pin and it'll smooth out.

Then adhere your finished design to your card (once the Liquid Glass has dried). It takes about an hour for the LG to dry.  I used the DARK CHOCOLATE GROSGRAIN RIBBON on the above card which I absolutely love!  

I posted another card where I used the Liquid Glass on a flower  photo card on my blog HERE.

Did I tell you that Liquid Glass is also a fabulous glue to use for just about anything, including gems, pearls, ribbon, twine, buttons, and adhering anything to plastic or acetate??? 

Have fun using your Liquid Glass!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment