Photo of my and signup.

Photo of my and signup.
If you want to subscribe to follow me via Mail Chimp, the signup is in my sidebar or at the bottom of my posts.

Saturday, June 23, 2012

QUICK EASY LITTLE ALBUM

I was experimenting a couple of weeks ago on how to make a quick little photo album and how I could make one using 1 piece of 8-1/2" x 11" card stock.  I had gotten a new 2" paper punch that made a circle with scalloped edges, and wanted to use it to cut little circle pictures out of some photos of a little trip my sister and I took.  Here's what I did:

Used only 1 piece of 8-1/2" x 11" card stock! 
Out of my one piece of card stock, I cut two 3" by 9" strips.  I scored each strip at 3" and 6" and then accordian-folded each.  I then glued the two strips together, end to end, so I had a long 3" x 15" strip with accordian folds.  Next, I stamped each square with my CTMH A1120 Quick Cards Butterfly stamp, using cocoa ink. I just love that stamp as it looks so vintage!  I also distressed the edges of the strips, and the folds, with my coca ink and a sponge.  Here's how the stamp looks:


You can see the little scalloped circle I cut out of the same card stock with my new punch. I distressed it and printed on it with black ink and adhered it using 3-D foam tape so it would stand up a little bit.

After I had stamped all of the edges of the long strip, I cut nine 2-1/2" by 2-1/2" squares using other SB papers. Unfortunately, these are not CTMH papers as I was just experimenting, but you get the idea. (I wish I had used CTMH papers!)  I also distressed the edges of each little paper square with my cocoa ink. I then glued the squares onto each section of the accordian folded strip.  Next I punched circle pictures out of some of the photos I had of our trip, trying to get close-ups if I could.  I think I printed my photos from my computer to be 3x5's for a good size to punch out.  You'll see on the finished product, that I did some of the stamping with my butterfly stamp OVER the 2-1/2" squares on some of them.  I then glued each little photo on top of the 2-1/2" x 2-1/2" squares.


Add a little bling! I added a little bling to some of the pages by gluing on a little crystal here and there.  To keep the little booklet closed, I made a little slider out of a piece of coordinating paper which was 3/4" by about 6-3/8" and glued it together at one end, after testing that it would slide off and on easily. On top of that, I glued a little embellishment (again not CTMH).   Here is the finished album:

Here's the slider I made with a little crystal in the middle.
Voila! Finished album!  I just love it!

Have fun and hope you can make a little album of your own.  CTMH does have a similar little accordian album already made if you don't want to make your own.  It's My Creations Memory Showcase, Z1195 on pg. 131 of the S/S 2012 Idea Book. 

HAVE FUN!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment