Photo of my and signup.

Photo of my and signup.
If you want to subscribe to follow me via Mail Chimp, the signup is in my sidebar or at the bottom of my posts.

Saturday, June 2, 2012

ABOUT ME



I love scrapbooking, paper crafting, quilting, gardening and photography! I am a semi-retired mother of two, and now have time to make up for all the hours I didn't have time to craft and create during my working and child raising years. Between kids, full-time jobs, horses and husband(s), I never felt like I got to fulfill this passion of mine enough!

Somehow though, I did manage to squeeze in my passion at that time, which was sewing. While I sewed, my boys used to sit on the floor beside me, playing with their little cars. I have such sweet memories of that! And as they got older, I always made their Halloween costumes and school costumes, hemmed their pants and made them clothes. In their teen years, they always cornered me to "fix" something, sew something "on" their coat, or hem their jeans. 

I used to stay up until the wee hours of the morning, sewing on my special projects. For many years, I handmade everyone's Christmas and birthday gifts! (I wonder now, how did I do that with two little kids?!!)

As I've  gotten older, I have more of a passion for preserving memories and experiences with photos and journaling. That is why I love to scrapbook, and why I love the ease of digital scrapbooking. I can spend hours, playing with my beautiful papers, doo dads, ribbons, lace, buttons, stamps, inks, pens, and fabrics. I can also spend hours on the computer, digital scrapbooking. It is so fun and creative! 

I vowed when I retired that I would spend more time being creative. I joined Close to My Heart in March, 2012, so I could have a venue to share, create and teach, and use all of their gorgeous products. I want to use this Blog to share my ideas, my photography, projects, creations and all that Close to My Heart has to offer. I love their Studio J digital scrapbooking program and hope to teach it to others so they can learn another fun way to preserve their photos and memories. I also may, now and then, slip in some of my quilting and sewing projects, as all of my wonderful fabrics that I've gathered over the last 40 years seem to be becoming very good friends with all my newly acquired, beautiful CTMH papers!  Some of my favorite photos that I have taken over the years may also find their way to this Blog!

I have so many ideas for projects... I can hardly wait to share them with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment