Photo of my and signup.

Photo of my and signup.
If you want to subscribe to follow me via Mail Chimp, the signup is in my sidebar or at the bottom of my posts.

Sunday, March 10, 2013

FOR ALWAYS CARD WITH FABRIC.

Hi all! What a beautiful day it was today... here in central Oregon! Got up to 60 degrees and now I have Spring fever! 

Just wanted to do a quick post of a card I made last week using some of our For Always paper and coordinating fabric.  I used lagoon and honey cardstock for the punches of color (they come with the For Always paper packet).

SEE THE CUTE LITTLE CURTAINS? I USED CLOSE TO MY HEART COORDINATED FABRIC!  OH SO CUTE.  I MADE THE PART OVER THE CURTAINS LOOK LIKE A CURTAIN "HEADER" USING CARD STOCK AND A STRIP OF THE FOR ALWAYS POLKA DOT PAPER. 
Here's a closeup of the little window and curtains. I got the idea for this card from a photo on page 101 of the Autumn/Winter 2012 Idea Book. It used cardstock for the curtains that was accordian-folded.


I STITCHED ACROSS THE DARK PAPER WITH MY SEWING MACHINE TO GIVE IT A LITTLE TEXTURE, AND ADDED SOME LITTLE DOTS OF CARD STOCK THAT I CRUMPLED UP AND SANDED THE EDGES.
I didn't even gather the little curtains, just cut a piece for each side about 2 inches and folded in half and creased it.. then tied with ribbon to give it a gathered look.

That's it!  short but sweet....

I have more fabric projects coming this week! 

HAPPY CRAFTING.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment