Photo of my and signup.

Photo of my and signup.
If you want to subscribe to follow me via Mail Chimp, the signup is in my sidebar or at the bottom of my posts.

Friday, August 9, 2013

EASY FUN POSTCARDS.

Who doesn't like to send a sweet little note to someone through the mail? (snail mail that is!)  I sure do, so I decided to play around with making some of my own photo and paper pieced postcards.

These are easy and fun and quick.
 
Here's my first attempt. It's a 4x6 and I glued the photo on a heavy piece of our Colonial White cardstock with Tombo adhesive tape. Mind you, this was a "hurry up and try it" project with not much thought for content! I had this photo laying around. I distressed the edges on the front with our cocoa ink.
 Here's the back:

I just drew in the divider lines in the middle and did some stamping with brown ink to make it look a little shabby.
Here's my 5x8 postcard:

Another quick "try it out" sample. I wanted to see if our B&T papers would go through the mail OK. I glued the papers on with the heavier duty SCORE tape. The picture is adhered with Tombo adhesive tape. I distressed the edges with cocoa ink.

Here's the back of the 5x8 card. I wanted to see if this large of a card would mail well.  It did fine as you can see! I drew in the divider lines in the middle and did some randon stamping with cocoa ink.
I love the look of these postcards!  I mailed them to myself to see how they would fare and they did very well without much damage.  I think it's a good idea to use fairly heavy cardstock. Our Colonial White worked great!

Hope you have fun with some postcards!  Everyone loves to receive a little treat via snail mail. I think sending thank you notes or "hello" notes by mail is a custom that we should keep alive.  I still love receiving a note in my mailbox.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment