Photo of my and signup.

Photo of my and signup.
If you want to subscribe to follow me via Mail Chimp, the signup is in my sidebar or at the bottom of my posts.

Saturday, January 11, 2014

CROSS STITCH WISHES.

There is so much going on this month at Close to My Heart! I've already featured the upcoming PAJAMA PARTY at Big Picture Classes, and the cardmaking kit special CLOUD NINE

What else could there be in January? Well......... we can't forget that each month, there is a SPECIAL stamp set that you can purchase for only $5 (retail value of $17.95) with your $50 order. Here is January's Stamp of the Month,  Cross Stitch Wishes:

The hearts have a red line around them. That means that the CTMH Cricut Artiste cartridge has these exact cuts on it. The page number and size is printed to the left of the hearts.
What a cute stamp set! I've sewed since I was 6 years old, and spent many years cross stitching along with my mom. This is really a nostalgic stamp set for me. 



The first thing I would do with this stamp set would be to stamp directly on some muslin or linen and do some actual cross stitching with red embroidery floss! Then I would frame it in a hoop or maybe one of our Bracket picture frames, and dress up the frame with some of my paper flowers or rosettes that I love to make.


I would stamp "you are the best" in the middle, and stitch the little heart banner at the bottom of this set underneath the sentiment and above the sentiment.  I wish I had the stamp set to show you how, but you get the idea! Here is a little "digital mock-up" of my idea (above).


Here are some cards made by my fellow (very talented) consultants:
Cute card from Stamp Til Dawn. I like how she stamped the hearts on the red background.

This 4 1/2” square card design comes from  Krista's Crafty Corner, and she has used the Close to My Heart WISHES how-to book card found on page 94 which is called “Curtain Call”. 


I really love this card. She used Cotton Candy cardstock (pink) and did some stamping on the hearts. Isn't that pretty teal shimmer trim? It's a new product coming in the new Idea Book in February. She also used the teal shimmer trim on the hearts.  I also love how she stamped the background with the cross stitch arrows!

If you want to take advantage of this darling stamp set, which is perfect for Valentine's Day, it is only available through the end of January, 2014. 


  photo Blogsignature_zpse7467648.png

No comments:

Post a Comment