Photo of my and signup.

Photo of my and signup.
If you want to subscribe to follow me via Mail Chimp, the signup is in my sidebar or at the bottom of my posts.

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

RUNNING IN CIRCLES - AND MORE CIRCLES.

My where does the time go? It's been a week since I posted! This time of year always passes me by and I'm always running to try to keep up!  Sometimes I feel like I'm running in circles.



Here in central Oregon, I'm still in the "Fall" mode, and we're looking at getting snow next week. We are so fortunate here not to have the horrible storms that are happening in the Northeast and along the East coast.  It seems so calm here.... maybe the calm before the storm?


I had a fun class last week making some of my beloved paper flowers, plus we made some of those delightful altered wooden clothespins, which I blogged about HERE - PLAYING WITH PINS, which everyone loved.

After my class, my crafting "mojo" kind of went dry for a few days..... I felt like I was running in circles. I just couldn't think of anything creative.  But, all I have to do is try something different, and my mojo usually comes back.  

THIS IS ME WITH NO MOJO!

I was watching a video on YouTube (those wonderfully imaginative and creative videos on YouTube really inspire me), looking at Cricut Craft Room tutorials, and happened upon some little decorated Christmas trees. Hum.m.m.m.m. I thought, those are really cute.

 Here's one from "TheFuzzyDragon1". She used ribbon folded in squares for this one. It's really pretty, but I really wanted to make one using paper.  Her YouTube link is: FuzzyDragon1.



I felt some inspiration coming on, but the ones I saw were either the rosette trees, or trees covered with lace or folded ribbon.  I wanted to make trees using paper.

Nope.. those looked like they took too long to make.  I wanted something fun, quicker and easier.  

Then a light bulb went on. Why not use paper circles! I LOVE paper circles!  I know.... you wondered where the title of this post was leading, right?



So I picked out some of my older Christmas paper and started punching a BUNCH of 1" circles. I probably punched at least 50 circles.  (Didn't want to use my good papers until I knew how this thing would turn out).

And I made a little paper cone, and started gluing the circles on, from the bottom up, kind of like you would put shingles on a roof.  You've done that before right?  

And here's my little creation!


I think it's pretty cute!  It's about 5 or 6 inches tall (I say "about" because it's in the other room, and I'm too lazy to get up and go measure it - sorry, it's late).


So I think I've made a full circle, from NO mojo, to a lot of mojo!  I have lots of ideas for my little trees.  I'm going to try punching holes in it and putting a little battery tea-light inside so it will glimmer in the dark.  A few sitting on my kitchen table or mantle would look really sweet.

The results of the tea-light idea will be my next post.  And I'll also do a short tutorial on how I made this.  I was smart enough to take some pictures of it as I went along.

See why I love circles?

 photo Blogsignature_zpse7467648.png

No comments:

Post a Comment