Photo of my and signup.

Photo of my and signup.
If you want to subscribe to follow me via Mail Chimp, the signup is in my sidebar or at the bottom of my posts.

Monday, April 8, 2024

One room at a time.....

It's been a little over a month since I last wrote. I've gotten ALOT done in that month!

I was on such a mission to get all the boxes unpacked in my house. So far, I've done really good, but my spare bedroom is still not a bedroom! One side is piled to the ceiling with boxes, though I'm slowly emptying out one or two at a time.

The little bookshelf to the left of the window holds my overflow of crafting supplies.


Ironically, the big white cabinet still sits empty! That is where I'll be storing my fabric and projects, and hopefully squeeze in some craft supplies.

Right now, the spare bedroom is still my "cat room"! 


My bathroom needs updating. It wasn't painted like all the other walls in this house. It has that wallboard that you see in mobile homes, with the slats up the seams. I DON'T like it! And the cabinet is a dull blue which I also don't like. Painting that will come hopefully this summer. 

For now, I think my bathroom is OK, and I was able to get most of my stuff in there! I'm pretty happy with how it looks, and will like it much better when I get it painted, and the cabinets painted white!

The wood shelf for my towels was really a floor standing bookshelf. My son suggested he put it up on the wall and I like it! 

I love my white wicker shelf I bought at a yard sale many years ago. It holds many things that I couldn't find room for in drawers.

My little bookshelf  holds misc. things. I've since moved it!


No drawers in this bathroom, so I'm using my plastic drawers, and also a new cabinet down below that has one drawer and a cupboard with two shelves.

Of course, the first area I set up was my craft space! I love it. I still don't have EVERYTHING out of boxes, but for now, this works really well for me. It's along the one empty wall in the kitchen, next to the pantries. 

I used half of my wall space so far. The wall to the left of this area had some moisture in it, so that needs to be pulled off and fixed. I'm trying to keep it empty for now.

This photo was taken before I put up the brown 3-shelf display shelf, to the right of the tall narrow wood shelf. I had it earmarked for another room, but decided I needed more shelf space! I've used every shelf I could find, that had been used in other rooms in my other house!  I could actually use my dining table!


I even used the side of my white wood pantry, that I brought with me from Madras. It's made of solid wood, and it's mine, so why not put some nails in it to hold more stuff!

Of course, room for a sign from one of my dear blog friends, Marilyn from Mountain Top Spice!

Trying to take advantage of every few inches of space. I bought a narrow rolling cart from Amazon. It's just the right size! Holds almost all of my punches and trimmers.

My bedroom is still a work in progress. Next post I'll showcase my living room which I really am loving, with my furniture the way I like it, and my new rug!

We've had almost a week of sunny days this last week. It gave me the opportunity to break down all of the boxes that I had thrown out to the porch, and take them to be recycled. That was my second trip!

Hope everyone had a nice Easter. I'm looking forward to some warmer days so I can plant some flowers..... who has planted flowers already?

Hugs... Marilyn




ALL CONTENT © PINK PAPER COTTAGE.
PLEASE DO NOT COPY MY PHOTOS AND IMAGES INTO YOUR OWN POSTS WITHOUT FIRST LINKING TO THIS BLOG AND MY NAME.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Marilyn. Glad you are on the road to getting things back together. I know how hard it is to resettle but looks like you are handling it. Looks like a nice crafting spot with everything where you need it to be. After 30 some odd years I still have things helter skelter. We fixed up a mobile home for our daughter when she first moved out years ago. It was such fun to do and turned out beautifully. You will be all cozy before you know it..Happy Spring, my friend..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Judy for the nice comment! Yes.. I'm slowly getting it organizing and finding cubbies for every little thing! Making room in every little spot, and having to stack stuff, which I hate doing, but no choice when you live in a smaller space. This home was nicely remodeled, so I'm one step ahead on that count! (except for kitchen!). Marilyn

      Delete
  2. Hi Marilyn, I just came in the house when I checked my email and saw that you had posted. I was outside planting plants that I bought at Home Depot. Three roses and two clematis, one lavender and one white. It's still a little cold here but it does feel good to be out in the sunshine and getting some work done. Last week we had one day where it hit 70 and that was glorious, I worked outside all day long. Now it's back in the 50s.
    It looks like you're working really hard on your place and you're getting it all whipped into shape. It's nice just spending time feathering your nest and I know you're going to love your new home once you get all settled in. There's an awful lot of work to do when you move. I don't know if I would ever be up to it again, we'll see as time goes on. Have a lovely week and enjoy your warm weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Connie.. glad you've had some nice weather too. Boy those warm 70 degree days really get a person's gardening instincts going! We even had an 82 degree day here 2 weeks ago! But too early to really plant much outside yet.. the gal at the nursery told me we can still get freezing temps here at night through April! I'm just in Heaven when I drive these back roads.. it is so gorgeous, and reminds me of when I lived in Washougal, WA up in the mountains! Love it! xoxo Marilyn

      Delete
  3. Oh you've made so much progress, Marilyn! Each box is a milestone reached! There are always "projects", things that need to be updated and changed - but it's wonderful that you have your crafting space together - that is important! I have not planted anything yet in the flower dept, because we are still getting hard frosts at night. I've got things started in my greenhouse, and hope to transplant the peas this weekend. We've had some glorious days of sunshine, so I am really loving that! I'm so happy for you, and this beautiful new home and countryside to live in! Many blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marilyn... yes the sunshine and blue skies ARE glorious! I'm loving them even more with all the green surroundings and trees.. and water! I'm sure pretty soon you'll be past those freezing nights. Your garden will be stupendous as usual, and you'll be working every minute to can and freeze and harvest, etc.! I do love my little craft space too. I almost have everything put away.. not quite yet, but some things will be left in boxes for now and stashed on shelves. If I don't need what's inside in the coming year, I'm going to get rid of it! I have way too much.. and want to do more sewing this year, and make some quilts for good causes. I do miss my sewing. I had Easter dinner here, and we used my crafting "work table" for the buffet to put food on! It worked really well, as right in the kitchen next to the table! I usually keep the area clean as I don't like all the clutter... so having it there is easier for me to keep clean! Have a wonderful weekend! Marilyn

      Delete
  4. check out a joyful cottage on yt and on Connie's blog. She lives in a mobile home and is changing things up. You will be inspired. Best of luck with your new life, stay safe♥

    ReplyDelete