Photo of my and signup.

Photo of my and signup.
If you want to subscribe to follow me via Mail Chimp, the signup is in my sidebar or at the bottom of my posts.

Sunday, November 18, 2012

ANOTHER YUMMY GLUTEN FREE COOKIE RECIPE.

My sister and I were eating lunch the other day at a cute little restaurant here in La Pine that serves really good homemade food. After we ate, she saw a bag of their homemade oatmeal raisin cookies and she couldn't resist buying it for her hubby. Since that is my all-time favorite cookie, I just had to go home and make some!  I have to eat gluten free.. so I created a new recipe just for me. I'm always trying to come up with really yummy gluten free desserts! Here it is: 
I usually use Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose Baking Flour for my flour, or even Bisquick has a good Gluten Free pancake and baking mix which I use sometimes too.  You need to be sure to use GLUTEN FREE OATS.  Bob's Red Mill has a great Gluten Free Whole Grain Rolled Oats that I always have on hand for baking.  Of course, if you don't need to eat gluten free, then just use regular baking mix and regular rolled oats.
You can print out this recipe and add it to your recipe stash if you wish!

I followed the Oatmeal Toffee Tidbits cookie recipe on the package of Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Rolled Oats, but I tweaked it somewhat.  I try to eat as little sugar as possible, since too much seems to make me feel jumpy, and most recipes for desserts are way too sweet for me.  In this recipe, I changed it by adding only 1/2 cup of brown sugar, and about 1/4 cup of molasses.  The Bob's Red Mill recipe called for toffee tidbits, which of course sounded delicious! but I didn't have any, and besides, I like raisins in mine!


Don't these just look like they would melt in your mouth?  Well guess what?  they did!!! they were SO GOOD and so CHEWY which I love!  My favorite oatmeal cookie needs to be chewy and yet crispy around the edges and plump with raisins.
  


I think the secret is using the molasses and shortening.  My mom's most made and loved oatmeal cookie recipe always used shortening.  I've tried to replicate it for years but never had much luck, but boy did these turn out great!  


I had to hide these from my husband.............  (well I finally did let him have a few). I usually have to share my gluten free desserts with him as they turn out so yummy.  

The second night after I made them, I pigged out and ate eight!  Guess I can't make these too often huh?  

But with snow on the ground, an icy chill in the air, and the holidays just around the corner, this time of year calls to me to  bake. I love those sweet smells coming from the oven.  And what better time to go and do a little crafting when I have those cookies by my side?
Bur.r.r.r.r.r.r.r.r.r.r.r..r...r......r........r!!!!!!
  HAPPY BAKING!  .... and happy low sugar and gluten free!


1 comment:

  1. Unable to print this recipe out, but think i can do it anyway. Looks great and will mean i get something besides fruit for dessert!! thanks for sharing,...

    ReplyDelete