Photo of my and signup.

Photo of my and signup.
If you want to subscribe to follow me via Mail Chimp, the signup is in my sidebar or at the bottom of my posts.

Sunday, February 13, 2022

Fun with Valentines

My sister came for a weekend visit a couple of weeks ago (end of January) and we decided to spend some time paper crafting together. It was so much fun! We rarely seem to find the time to get together, and this one-on-one time was very precious.


I had seen a youtube video by Septeria 18, for a little flipbook/card that I suggested we make, as it looked like fun and would be cute to mail out. So out came the papers, glue, scissors, trimmers, tags, stickers, glitter hearts and bows and boxes of tea, and we were off and running!

Paper crafting sure makes a mess...........

We spent all day at it (with a little snacking in between of course)...... and my sister made two darling flipbooks for her friend, and one for her son and his wife.  I manged to get about 10 cut out and ready to glue, as I was making some for the little shop here in town (Hummingbird Junction) where I sell some of my creations.


I spent more too much time gathering up and making little bits of ephermera to put on/in the flipbooks! There's cutting out, punching out, finding the right glitter paper and gathering up other bits and pieces to use. So I was the gatherer and puncher and "finder" of things to use!


Since we used vellum in the middle of the book, and I only had a little bit that was printed with some gold on it, I made an "overlay" of hearts to print on my plain vellum. It really turned out pretty!

I hope to have more of these types of "overlays" in my Etsy shop soon. I'm just trying to decide whether to use my existing shop (MyPinkPaperCottage) for all of my (new) digitals that I am making, or open a new shop. Decisions.... decisions.  I'm not good at decisions.

We were so engrossed in the projects, that I didn't take time to photograph what my sister made. Her little booklets were so cute. Here are a few I actually finished....


Inside on the left is a little pocket holding a small "photo book"......in the middle is the vellum page with a tag on top for a place to write..........

There's a pocket in the back to hold a teabag.........
a

I've actually only finished 5......... and have about 6 more to finish. Each booklet has a matching envelope.

This one had an "oops"........... when I pulled it out of the envelope to take a picture, it wrinkled the little label on front, so had to totally redo it. Usually anything can be fixed!

Most of the papers I used were/are digital papers I bought from Etsy or from a site called Snapclick Supply, which I love. They have many name brand papers that are digital downloads.

I also made a few little treat boxes, also from prints I bought from Etsy, or that were free from various blog sites.


I love the little "retro" treat boxes!

And of course, I just HAD to make some tea packet favors. I bought this digital printable (below) from Vectoria Designs on Etsy. You just print them and cut them out. They have amazing printables!



I had the little paperclip pom poms on hand, that I had bought from the Dollar Tree and had NO IDEA what I was going to use them for! You just never know when the little things you buy (on a whim) will come in handy.

As I write this, it's Feb. 12th and I didn't finish any more of the little flipbook/cards... well I did finish one and mailed it to one of my sisters. The rest have been put away until next year.

I also made one more really gorgeous envelope card that flips open. I love it! I saw the video on the  Smile by Holly channel on Feb. 8, 2022. She makes some really darling (and fairly easy) projects.

This sweet (and very substantial) "card" uses just two envelopes. I used 5x7's.


You flip it open and there is a large pocket on the bottom where I tucked a little booklet with tea bags inside. The top pocket held a little cash, just for fun.




I made a few other very simple cards and got those sent off. 

Oh... and I DID make about 14 Hershey bar pockets which are really popular in the little shop here in town. Here are a few. I just had so much fun with the pretty papers!





I love the vintage look of this one!


I used quite a "mish mash" (as my mom used to say) of papers.. scraps, some leftovers from past years, and some digital papers I either bought or had on hand as freebies. 

Which one do you like the best? 

We've had gorgeous weather here.. in the 60's and one day it was 72. On that day, I almost went on a picnic to the lake which is about 9 miles away, but decided not to. I thought maybe on Sunday I would go, if it's still as nice.

God Bless everyone... and have a nice VALENTINE'S DAY!

~Marilyn~




ALL CONTENT © PINK PAPER COTTAGE.
PLEASE DO NOT COPY MY PHOTOS AND IMAGES INTO YOUR OWN POSTS WITHOUT FIRST LINKING TO THIS BLOG AND MY NAME.

8 comments:

  1. How sweet you got to have some fun with your sister. What a gift for you. Love all of these beautiful paper crafts. Happy New Week. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every single thing you made came out so beautiful and so cute at the same time. Great work! Have a Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to visit and craft together. Everything looks so Spring like and colorful
    for this dark time of the year. I can see how easily you would be able to sell all your
    craft work. Happy Valentines and treat yourself to one of those Hersey bars.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marilyn this is such a lovely post and I am so delighted that you and your sister had this time together. I know that it was good for both of you.
    Looks like your family is full of talented ladies.
    God Bless You and Happy Valentine's Day!
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are just beautiful. You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is nothing better than sister time! It really is the best! You two really made some amazing things together! I love all the little books, journals, tags and booklets you both made... so very fun! I love the tea booklets too, they are just darling! You are both so creative... so happy that you both had such a wonderful time together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How I would love a crafting day with my sister - you are both so blessed and talented too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have no sister, Marilyn, and I always wanted one. I think spending time with her creating beautiful paper crafts would be especially fun. You are so talented. Your paper crafts really are amazing. I love them all, but if I had to pick a favorite I would choose the tea packet favors you made using the Vectoria designs and those sweet pom pom paper clips. Those paper clips look like they were made for those packets -- perfect color match. So, so cute. I think it takes a special gift to create cards and favors and such like yours. You have to have a special eye for design to do it right. I have a friend in Oregon who does this, and she has the same sense for detail that you do. I admire both of you. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete