Photo of my and signup.

Photo of my and signup.
If you want to subscribe to follow me via Mail Chimp, the signup is in my sidebar or at the bottom of my posts.

Friday, October 5, 2018

Orange......... (and a little green)..........

It's been awhile since I posted............ life has been just busy....... and I've been a little sick....... and my hubby has been real sick........... and the time just continues to speed by! 


My old friend "vertigo" from about 10 years ago, has come back to haunt me!  I think going to a new chiropractor (for my lower back and neck), who uses some sort of "thing" that vibrates against my bones in my neck and back caused the vertigo to rear its ugly head. I never thought of that when she was hammering my neck bones with this "thing" she uses... she said it really helps. Yah right. Mine is the type of vertigo caused when little crystals break loose in your ear and float around and cause you to be dizzy and nauseaus... not fun at all.  It has really curtailed my activities.  I have had two Epley Maneuvers (done by a physical therapist for this type of vertigo) and they have helped me alot.

In the meantime, while vertigo has been happening (and hubby got sick - see below)........... there is ORANGE, and GOLD and yellow, and lush greens (and a little pink left) everywhere in my yard it seems!

Nasturtiums came back to life after the horrible heat wave we had!

Tomato flowers by our bedroom window.
 We have picked alot of cherry tomatoes and regular sized tomatoes from our two plants.


I think this is a Sumac but not sure. We transplanted it from a friend's place up in SW Washington 3 years ago and it just blazes in the Fall! Love it!

My new rose bush has had beautiful peach flowers all summer long... even after the little buck ate some of it a few weeks. ago.

My marigolds came back after our heat wave and are falling all over themselves.




Hubby became very ill about 8 weeks ago when he got mold in his lungs while (attempting to) work on an old 5th wheel RV that was practically given to us. ............ (now I know why as it needs TONS of work).......... as he tore down moldy, yucky rotted wood and insulation, all WITHOUT wearing any sort of mask! He didn't really do that did he? (I asked myself)......... yes he did........... so he got horribly sick and ended up in ER because he was having trouble breathing. 

After several doctor visits and tests for his heart (of all things), being given asthma inhalers, and meds for water retention, and then more blood tests, etc., with nothing helping, we finally convinced the doctor to give him an antibiotic, because he had contacted this very same thing about 5 years ago after going for an ATV ride in dry dirt and moldy dust. It's called "Valley Fever" that people get sick from the mold in the dust in very dry climates, so it made sense to us that the mold from the trailer was doing the very same thing! Within THREE days of starting the antibiotic, he was feeling way way better. We are so thankful! At my insistence, he will no longer STEP FOOT INSIDE that 5th wheel RV without a good respirator on!

THE 5TH WHEEL:

The 5th wheel is another story......... we sold our little truck camper.  Hubby wants this bigger 5th wheel that we can still pull with our smaller truck. It's very "cozy".... the body is only about 13 feet and the part in the gooseneck has room for a queen bed... the layout is nice and there is actually a full bathroom! That's what convinced me. 
These pictures were taken by me before it's even been touched or cleaned inside or out. It's quite a mess still.  These are TRUE before pictures!

Dusty and dirty........... sorry.

I think it's about a 1978 model.


I like the full shower. The Bathroom is actually in pretty good condition.
But.............. it had mold and rot and needs the entire ceiling replaced and part of the floor. And again........ neither of us are very handy! Hubby did do some work in the little camper so it was looking pretty nice.. and almost ready to use. So now we/he start(s) over.

YUCKY!
Some pretty green in our garden too:

My Coleus plant went CRAZY, until one of the neighborhood cats used it for a bed and shade.. now it's all smashed down.  I sure enjoyed it while it was upright!

Tons of green tomatoes on our larger bush now... will bring them all in pretty soon before a big frost hits.
Our front  yard looked pretty nice this summer, even with us both not feeling so well..... we managed to plant two trees (which I showed in a previous post) and the Quaking Aspen I swear has grown 8 feet this summer!



See the tall tree on the left side of this photo? When we planted it last April, it was about the size of that other little tree over to the right. 
MY SON'S BIRTHDAY QUILT:

I've also been spending every spare moment trying to get the strip quilt done for my son's 40th birthday. His birthday has past..... I didn't quite make it... so we pushed back our trip to Astoria to give it to him. I just finished the quilt 2 days ago as we "were" going to go this weekend, but my vertigo is still making it so it's hard for me to travel. We have plans to go next week and I hope it all works out. I'll post pictures on my next post... I just haven't had time to get it hung outside in the nice light for it's official photo shoot.

So that's an update for now. It's been a long hot summer.... of not feeling too good...... of a sick hubby.. of lots of company.... and getting my quilt done, which I"m very proud of. I usually don't finish many of my projects, and this one is a rarity!

Until next time... be well my friends.

~Marilyn~





12 comments:

  1. So sorry you have both been ill. Vertigo is the worst. Your garden is beautiful. xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laura. Yes I love flowers this time of year... our summer was way too hot. And yes.. vertigo is NO fun.. I hate it and it's scary because we can't control it or DO anything for it... but dramamine helps alot and so does a homeopathic thing I take for it.. so with those two, when I have a bout, it goes away (mostly) in about an hour. I learned years ago not to look up very much, and I'm finding now, that's the usual thing that causes it.. so heads down from now on! Marilyn

      Delete
  2. Vertigo and mold poisoning . . . Oh my goodness! I do hope that you are both recovering and that you'll be back to a jolly and energetic state very soon.
    Your Nasturtium are beautiful . . . I have never had good luck growing them . . . even if the seed package says easy to grow, LOL. Not for me! Any hints?
    Have a lovely weekend and rest up and get better.
    You are both in my prayers.
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Connie, oh yes,,,, not fun! Hubby is doing much better, I'm still having vertigo but not real bad. I just need my energy back! It went somewhere and is on vacation I guess. As for nasturtiums, I usually have no trouble with them. They like a really infertile soil and lots of sun (but not too hot like it was here this summer). I may fertilize them a little bit once they are coming up but not very much. This summer, they didn't do very well in the heat, until I moved them over to the shade and they got shade in the heat of the afternoon.. then they exploded! But they didn't get too many flowers on this year. I like the climbing ones. Thank you for your prayers.... Marilyn

      Delete
  3. It’s SO good to hear from you Marilyn, but I’m sorry you’ve both been sick. I’ve never had vertigo but a friend did and I know how dibilitating it is. All I can say about your husband is wow, that must have been scary!

    Your flowers are amazing! Do you use the nasturtiums as edible garnishes? So pretty!

    How cool that you got a small fifth wheel, but it looks like tons of work. I see a lot of potential there, as I’m sure you do as well. I hope you keep us updated with its progress.

    I am glad you finished the quilt since it was definitely a huge project and even though your son didn’t get it in the time frame you were hoping for it’s all good.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Doreen.... no we don't eat the Nasturtiums.. but I know a person can if they want to. We had alot of the huge green leaves this year, but not sure if the leaves are edible. And yes.. that 5th wheel will be a huge project.... just wonder if we'll ever get it done! Hopefully we take the quilt up to my son's house about 5 hours away, this coming weekend (if my vertigo will behave and stay away). Hoping to see pictures of your new house pretty soon! Hugs.. Marilyn

      Delete
  4. Hi Marilyn,
    Good to see you post. Sorry you and your hubby have been ill. Your flowers make me smile. Gorgeous.
    Have a great weekend.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kris..... yes it's the pits being ill during the summer. Hubby is better and I'm still having the vertigo and a painful hip. I keep praying it'll all get better soon! Is finally cooler here and we're enjoying it.. even had some rain one day! We were very exciting to see it! Hugs.. Marilyn

      Delete
  5. So sorry to hear your hubby has been so ill and you have been feeling unwell too. Your garden is looking beautiful and full of colour. The camper will be fun to use and great to have a proper shower in it too! Hope you both feel much better and wishing you a happy October. XXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marilyn, I hope you will be feeling better. That vertigo is no fun I have been told by my sister who gets it off and on. She ends up on the floor and it's hard to get back up. Your poor husband, I hope he is feeling better also, but I know the type (I have one of those) doing all that dusty work with no protection. Just get in and get it done! Jerry got furniture stripper in his eye one time. He just went to the outside hose and held the water up to his eye and then went right back to work. Crazy!! Your garden is still looking gorgeous and the camper looks like a lot of work, but you will love it when done. We used to have a small 5th wheel and I just loved it. Wish I still had it..Thanks for your visit and glad you are enjoying the Halloween spirit..Happy Tuesday..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, again, for your last visit, Marilyn. Hope this finds you feeling better..xxoJudy

      Delete
  7. Hi Marilyn, check your email :)

    ReplyDelete