Photo of my and signup.

Photo of my and signup.
If you want to subscribe to follow me via Mail Chimp, the signup is in my sidebar or at the bottom of my posts.

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

TORN PAPER FLOWERS - AWESOME!

I have found the most AWESOME blog with tons of tutorials for making embellishments (and everything else you can think of!) for cards and scrapbook pages and all of our fun paper projects. It's called Little Birdie Secrets. I was looking for an easy way to make some flowers that don't take the use of a Cricut die cutting machine, as I don't have one (yet!). I just loved the Little Birdie Secrets torn paper flowers and I had SO MUCH FUN wadding up the paper as tiny as I could get it, and then laying it out flat, and sanding the surface and the edges. It was somehow kind of freeing to be able to wad up all those little circles! The instructions are on the how to make torn paper flowers tutorial at Little Birdie Secrets.

Here's the Little Birdie Secrets torn flower. I love the little ribbon flourish in the middle and the button.

Compliments of Little Birdie Secrets' blog. I think their card stock was not the solid core card stock like I used from CTMH.  She distressed the edges with darker ink which looks really neat!

 Here's a card I made with my own torn flower!


Here's my flower.  I don't think I wadded it up enough PLUS instead of tearing my circles, I cut the largest one with a punch, and then cut the two center circles free-hand, and then I sanded the surfaces and the edges.  I love this look too but next time I will WAD IT UP even more!  I used a little silver brad in the middle, but I think buttons would look neat too.
I used the CTMH Pemberly papers for this card. I love the blues and golds. I also used some of my old lace.

Happy tearing and wadding!
 

1 comment:

  1. Marilyn, these are just ADORABLE!! TFS your creations AND that blog!! I don't have a Cricut...used to but I now have a Silhouette SD, and I'm about to upgrade to a Silhouette Cameo. There are so many files out there that go beyond the Cricut's limited 'cartridge' format.

    ReplyDelete