Photo of my and signup.

Photo of my and signup.
If you want to subscribe to follow me via Mail Chimp, the signup is in my sidebar or at the bottom of my posts.

Sunday, April 14, 2013

GET OUT YOUR 1" CIRCLE PUNCH!

The other day, I was looking at some of my favorite cards that I've made, or that I've saved from other Close to My Heart consultants' blogs. And guess what? I think I like circles, in fact I LOVE using little 1" circles of paper on my cards! Here are a few of my favorites:

THREE CIRCLES on bottom right using Colonial White and stamped and edge-distressed with Smokey Plum ink.

FOUR CIRCLES along right side tucked under the ribbon. Just using plain colored circles adds a little "punch"!!  This card used the Sonoma papers.
FOUR CIRCLES on right, using Colonial White, with little brads on them. These are some old retired CTMH papers. I love distressing my little circles with ink!
FIVE CIRCLES on right, this time facing IN towards the sentiment. I also used my 1" punch for the center circle in the flower, and then free-hand cut the next size up, and used my 2" scallop punch for the outside.  These are retired Pemberly papers.
FIVE CIRCLES - four on the right using my 1" punch to punch out the little flowers on the B&T Pemberly papers.  Alot of our papers have perfect little flowers to cut out using the 1" punch!  I also used a yellow circle on the left under the pretty filigree button.

ARE YOU DIZZY YET? HERE ARE MORE..... RED circles underneath the letters. I punched 1" circles out of the Colonial White and handwrote my word "Noel" with red permanent marker, then popped them up using 3D foam tape.








THREE CRUMPLED CIRCLES on lower right. I sanded the edges and crumpled. This is a quick, inexpensive way to add some more dimension to your cards or layouts.  This card uses the current For Always papers and fabric.

 And here's one more that I didn't make myself, but lifted from  Brenda Frerichs, a Close to My Heart Consultant.  I just LOVE this one!  Thank you Brenda for all these wonderful circles! She used the sweet Chantilly papers for all those lovely circles!  I've got to get punching on my Chantilly papers!



Here are some stamp sets that lend themselves wonderfully to 1" circles:

Monogram stamps 
Perfect Fit - Birthday 
Adventure USA 
Token Alphabet 
Dream Big  (this one is from the Autumn/Winter 2012 Idea Book - still available - 36 sayings!)
Salutation Seals 
Circle Together

(Check out the Autumn/Winter 2012 Idea Book (online here) fo more stamp sets that lend themselves to 1" circles.)

So get out that 1" punch and start punchingI keep a box full of my 1" circles to use whenever I need to add a little "punch" to my cards!  I think I also will use them on some scrapbook page layouts.

HAVE FUN!


No comments:

Post a Comment