Photo of my and signup.

Photo of my and signup.
If you want to subscribe to follow me via Mail Chimp, the signup is in my sidebar or at the bottom of my posts.

Monday, August 6, 2018

On a Roll......... #6................

Well I did it again!  I just couldn't stop making the most DARLING little card holder folders with sets of cards and envelopes that I found on LyricLover810's channel LyricLover810 on YouTube. I just ADORE her projects! They are usually quick and fun and easy. These are fun to make and very addictive!

My daughter-in-law had given me a big stack of beautiful, shabby/vintage scrapbook papers a few weeks ago, and I was looking for something to make with them. Thank you so much Siobhan! I used almost all of them!  I think I made 10 card folders with matching cards........ and I still want to make more!

I love the shabby-chicness of them (is that a word? if not, I just invented it). My first card folder was not really shabby, more vintage and looks like old ledger pages. I "distressed" the edges with brown ink. I was "testing the waters" to see if I would enjoy making these, so used some of my own papers. But I do love how it turned out.... it's Etsy shop worthy.



I made the cards (blank inside) with some random papers I already had (trying to use up my stash, right?).

I'm just so in love with these folders. I mean.. they do hold 6 cards and envelopes, but I think the folder alone is the star........ it could be used so many different ways once you use up the cards! I've put all of these (except the very top one) in my Etsy shop My Pink Paper Cottage

I'm going to show you some photos (and try not to talk your ears off)........ I just love these and love the papers. I don't even know what brand they are or what company made them. Does anyone know another word for "shabby chic"? It's probably overused, but I don't know what else to use to describe these. Maybe "cottage style"...... or "soft French country" ????

Each card folder is 6" x 6". The cards are standard A2 sizes, not the smaller notecard sizes.  


This set coordinates with the "Unforgettable" set above. (same papers used on both, but reversed).
 Most of my folders have one that coordinates with it. I used one pretty paper on the outside of one, and then the same pretty paper on the inside of the other one, and visa versa. The listings in my shop will tell you which two coordinate.



SWOONING over these papers!










The theme of this set is more "whimsical". I love the soft yellows and the dancing flowers inside (covered with glitter!). This set coordinates with the "Life is Beautiful" set below.


Glitter all over the flowers but you can't see it in the pictures..... 


And then of course, I had to make one of my "wallpaper gift bags" to go with each one! Just couldn't resist! Here are some of them.





I've also listed a brand new 6" x 9" photo album in my shop. Another one of my favorites ever...................  it's like one of my mini albums (that I've been making for years) with 8 pockets inside, but much bigger.  There are pretty photo mats inside each pocket, to hold a 4 x 6 photo. Did I say I love it??????  shabby... cottage... country.... roses.. .vintage... gold ephemera..........  it's  HERE in my shop.


Well friends... that's it for now. I'm continuing to be a good girl and work on my quilt for my son.... I have 22 blocks made and 14 to go! I've been a busy girl........

Have a good week everyone!


~Marilyn~







10 comments:

  1. Love, love, LOVE these latest creations! Beautiful as always, dear Marilyn.

    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stephanie! They are so fun to make and very addictive! Marilyn

      Delete
  2. OH MARILYN YOUR CREATIVE AND TALENTED HEART IS AT IT AGAIN. LOVE ALL OF THESE. JUST SO CUTE.
    HAPPY NEW WEEK.
    HUGS,
    KRIS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kris! These are just so fun and get to use all my pretty papers! That is the best part, mixing and matching the papers. hugs back... Marilyn

      Delete
  3. Gosh you are so creative and cards are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cathy! I do love making those folders.. I think they would be great to hold photos too... so may make some more for photos.. with some pretty photo mats inside. They are so addictive! Marilyn

      Delete
  4. Marilyn, what magic you make. They are all so pretty and you are able to put the patterns all together just perfectly. You have been a busy lady and thanks for your visit. Your compliments are too nice! but I enjoy them anyway..Happy Thursday..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Judy. I love matching up the different papers.. is just like sewing! I'm so hooked on pretty vintage looking papers or ones that look like old wallpaper. Can't wallpaper my house, so will play with it this way! (my little bags are made with wallpaper from old books from early 2000). Such fun! xoxoxo Marilyn

      Delete
  5. Marilyn, thanks again for your last comments. I hope you get to watch the last season of Last Tango in Halifax. I absolutely loved that show, I wish some of those good ones could go on and on. I was just watching a rerun of Fixer Upper and she wallpapered a bath in paper that looks just like your black and white. So darling..Happy Tuesday..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Judy..... yes I must watch that! I've added it to my "must watch TV list"!!! I love all the fixer upper shows, but since we only have "air" TV, I don't get many.. I've noticed though that Netflix has added a few fixer upper shows which I of course, binge watch! I love Fix It and Finish It and have watched all the seasons already. Black and white wallpaper (vintage flowers) would look so pretty in a bathroom! I've done my share of wallpapering but not much into it anymore! Have a good week! Marilyn

      Delete