Photo of my and signup.

Photo of my and signup.
If you want to subscribe to follow me via Mail Chimp, the signup is in my sidebar or at the bottom of my posts.

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

How did I do this? circle pinwheel flowers!

I have an addiction to making different kinds of paper flowers! The other night on YouTube, I found another darling paper flower using 1" circles. Here's how.. in very few words!  as brief a format as possible (for me that's hard!)
I used vellum on this one. Gorgeous!
You can use any kind of paper, that's the glory of this cute little flower! Use either cardstock, or designer paper, one sided or double sided, pretty envelopes or pretty wrapping paper. I was going through my scraps and found a pretty envelope that I had saved for years, so decided to use it.







Here's one using old book pages. I  use a scalloped circle punch for this and love the results.
How did I put it together you say? Here's the video I watched by "putsomeblingonit" (below). If you're reading this in your email inbox and want to watch the video, you'll have to click on the title of my blog post to go to my blog.... and then you can watch the video there. 



Here are a few photos of how I glued the little circles onto another little circle.  You can use anywhere from 10 to 16 or 18 circles, depending on how tight you want the flower.

Fold your 16 circles in  half - cut an extra 1" circle and draw 4 quarters on it with a pen.

Put a pinch of hot glue on the corner of the folded circle (see below picture), with the folded side UP. Lay the folded circle, fold to the left, on the first vertical line so that the circle portion is on the right of the line.


Put glue on your next circle. Always be sure the fold is UP. Then place it inside of the first folded circle, so that the bottom points meet each other.
Add caption

 

These are nice and flat - easy to put on a card that is being mailed.
I like the thinness of these. They would be much easier to send through the mail on a card... they are much thinner than my accordian fold rosettes shown below that have about a quarter inch rise:

I have some of my paper rosettes for sale in My Etsy shop here.
If you're interested, here's my rosette tutorial for making the accordian fold paper rosettes. These are great for decorating canvas art, gift bags, picture frames or little gift boxes.

Have fun making some of these darling circle pinwheel flowers. The gal in the video glued each one to the end of a decorative straw, to make a pretty little bunch of flowers. 


ENJOY!

 photo Blogsignature2smallersizeforblog_zps20ad3d10.png

2 comments:

  1. These are cute and simple to make! Yesterday I was sorting my handmade cards and came across one that used this technique. What was different from your flowers was there were only 5 circles on it, folded in half and spread out like simple petals. Then a matching circle on top. I will try to find it to take a picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are so easy! And you can use as many or few of petals as you want. I can see they would be cute with only 5 or 6 petals too. With 15 or 16, it's just a tighter flower. Send me a pix via my email! I'm sure this is probably an old technique, but "new" to me! Marilyn

      Delete