Photo of my and signup.

Photo of my and signup.
If you want to subscribe to follow me via Mail Chimp, the signup is in my sidebar or at the bottom of my posts.

Friday, May 9, 2014

TUTORIAL - 15 minute Quick Cards #2

OK ladies..... I found another neat QUICK cards video on You Tube and I want to share it with you!  You can make EIGHT cards really really fast. And they are darling too.

For my cards, I used all Close to My Heart products.

This idea came from Mary's Stamping Happenings and it was a YouTube video which you can watch HERE.  She called her cards "One Sheet Wonder" cards as she uses one sheet of 8-1/2 x 11 paper, that she designs herself, and cuts and/or tears it to put on each card.

Here are Mary's cards:


First, decorate your own cream cardstock with various stamps that fit your theme. Mary used an ocean theme using Stampin' Up stamps. I decided on a sewing theme, as I wanted to use a stamp set that had one large stamp (like her crayfish) that would stand out. I used our (CTMH of course) retired stamp set, Tailor Made, which I absolutely love:

First I stamped the dress forms in Terra Cotta, then the sewing machines in Lagoon, and the verse twice in slate.

Then I decided I needed another pop of color, so used pear ink for the little scissors. I also stamped some little chocolate brown buttons.
Of course you "could" use any piece of patterned paper for this step, instead of making your own, but I would use a light color.

Next, tear and cut the paper you just made, or your design paper according to Mary's pattern as follows:
 
When I made my template, I wrote the measurements on it. For example, Cards 1,2,3 and 4 are a square measuring 8-1/2 x 5-1/2, and then you make the cuts as shown. Cards 5,6,7 and 8 are another square measuring 8-1/2 x 5-1/2 and then cut as shown. It's really very easy.

Make some A2 cards (4-1/4 x 5-1/2) using some other colors of cardstock that match your inks. I decided on two different blues that I had, kraft and a light beige:



Now is the fun part! Place the pieces you cut or tore onto your cards, using my cards as a pattern. You can mat some of them or not. Cut or tear as you wish. Make some little tags in whatever shapes you want.  

I stamped some dress forms, and the little sewing machines, on cream cardstock, colored them with my watercolor pencils, and used our CTMH blending pen to blend the colors. I LOVE to color, so this was fun for me. You could just color your stamped image in one color, or stamp onto colored cardstock and leave it at that.

I also went over the stamped lines with a black fine tipped permanent pen.  I used Liquid Glass on the dress forms and sewing machines that I used as the focal point on each card. I also popped those up with foam dots.


Here are how my other cards turned out. I cut the various little tags using my Cricut basic shapes.

I colored the dress form "legs" with a black sharpie pen.





I colored in the blue sewing machine that I popped up and put Liquid Glass on. I just used some of my Sharpie pens and colored pencils.



You'll notice that I didn't use ANY bling or doo dads or buttons, ribbon or lace (which is VERY hard for me). I wanted to keep these simple and quick. If you want to fancy these up, OF COURSE you can! Add a few little gems here and there, or buttons or little bows.

Let me know if you decide to make some of these, and what theme you used.

They are so fun and fast.  You can shop HERE on my Close to My Heart website for any of the inks or papers you want to use.

Have fun!  And don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin'.

  photo Blogsignature2smallersizeforblog_zps20ad3d10.png

No comments:

Post a Comment