I had saved this tutorial from a gal on YouTube from 3 years ago. I have always remembered how sweet these are and that I wanted to make some!
The beach and sand is not too far down from the parking area, so I don't have to walk a half mile to just get to the sand! I love that. I sat and ate my lunch there, and then went for a little walk on the beach. What a gorgeous day it was!
It was very interesting to learn that. I'm so thankful for people who donate lands so the public can enjoy it for many years to come.
I think the trail is several miles and goes through deep forest areas to the south and meets up with Ecola State Park by Canon Beach, Oregon.
Well.....those are my escapades for now dear followers!
I hope you are receiving these posts in your email. If not, please check in with me now and then. I'm trying to post more often.
Hugs .. .
Marilynππππ
Oh my the beach you discovered is gorgeous. What a great and lovely story about Tillamook. Love love the candle holders. Just adorable and pretty. Hugs. Kris
ReplyDeleteKris, yes I love that new beach I found! it's worth it to explore! Thank you for the comment on the candle holders. I think they are adorbs! xoxo Marilyn
DeleteOh, how I wish I would have been there to journey to the ocean with you. I really thought that when you moved to your new home you would be driving there more often. I think it would be sweet to just pack a sandwich and a thermos of coffee and find a lovely washed up log to sit on and while away the hours watching the waves roll in. Your paper crafting candles are adorable . . . is there anything that you can't create with paper? ❤️π❤️
ReplyDeleteWishing you a lovely weekend, my friend.
Oh I wish that too! If you can ever make it over this way, I'd love that! We could go to that beach and sit on a log! That day, there actually WERE some logs but the tide was coming in and I didn't trust sitting on them! I usually do take food with me when I go. This is the first beach I've found that had ANY logs on it! The other two I've gone to are totally flat with not a thing to sit on. I kept telling myself I needed to take a chair with me. Usually though, when I do go over to the ocean, it's spur of the moment and I don't take my chair. Living so close to the coast, you'd think there would be tons of places to go and "talk to the waves" but really, there's not hardly any good places to go, unless I head south at least 50 miles! And I don't go that often because as I said, there are not really many good spots to go to. One entails a hike down to the beach (and then back up!) and is full of cars. The other beach is very flat, but lots of cars on it too. You're afraid for your life if you go for a walk! This beach did not have any cars, so I'm thinking maybe no car access, which is awesome! I hope you get over here one of these days! Hugs.. Marilyn
DeleteP.S. Great new photo at the top of your post :)
ReplyDeleteThank you Connie! Hugs.. Marilyn
DeleteI love the tea light holders! I have a family dinner coming soon and I've been thinking about decorations, you've inspired me.
ReplyDeleteAmalia
xo
Thank you Amalia. If you have YouTube, go to Rejoice and Create channel and the title of her tutorial is K-cup Tea light Candle and Treat Holder from 6 years ago. She has alot of darling treat holders and decorations that are fairly easy to make. Marilyn
DeleteI've walked part of that trail, coming from Indian Beach to the south. Im really scratching my head about the beach you discovered. I didn't think there was any other beach between Seaside and Indian Beach. How do you access the beach in your photos?
ReplyDeleteKris, if you're heading south on hwy 101, on the south end of Seaside, turn right on Avenue U. Go towards the ocean, then turn left onto Beach Drive and keep right and it becomes Ocean Vista Drive. Keep to the right when it "Y's" and you'll come to that beach which is called Seaside Cove. Past there, keep driving south, up a hill and you'll come to the end of the road, and the Tillamook Trailhead is on the left. Marilyn
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
DeleteI went to that beach today. I was such a lovely day at the coast. I walked part of that trail too. Thanks for the tip.
DeleteKris, you're welcome. Was a beautiful day in the afternoon! Marilyn
DeleteThank you for all your lovely comments on my latest posts . . . I enjoy reading every word. If I lived closer I would come over and help you turn our window into a stain glass plant shelf. I think that you should do it . . . it would be a great way to enjoy them through the winter and let light in while softening the view.
ReplyDelete