Photo of my and signup.

Photo of my and signup.
If you want to subscribe to follow me via Mail Chimp, the signup is in my sidebar or at the bottom of my posts.

Sunday, December 19, 2021

I've been busy..........

Hi friends,
As the title says.. I've been trying to keep myself busy since my last post. This is a photo heavy blog so just a warning!


I've had my up and down days since my husband passed. Sometimes I feel like I'm still in shock.. it's so surreal that he isn't here. I just take each day at a time, and do what I feel needs to be doing... and sometimes I do nothing if I'm too overwhelmed.

To keep myself occupied, besides all of the necessary things that need taking care of after our spouse passes (of which there is SO much and it can be overwhelming), I have been making and creating... it is my happy place, my craft room, and when I'm there working, the time passes very quickly.


I'm happy with what I've created. Most of it has been for the little gift shop here in town,  Hummingbird Junction. It is a wonderful little shop, run by a lady whose dream it was to one day have her own little magical place, and it surely is wonderful! She stocks mostly gently used items that she finds on her "treasure hunts" as she calls them.

I received a custom order from the shop, fairly soon after my husband passed.. and I debated on doing it, but thought it would help me pass the time... and it probably was a wise thing to do. The order was for 14 little Scripture tag albums, and as I worked on them, I was reminded of many bible scriptures that helped me through the days.











I had told the gal that I didn't know if I would get them all finished, and she said she would take what she could get! but thankfully, I actually DID complete all of them. Quite satisfying and very enjoyable. Each little album was unique, and each one became my friend.

The other things I made for the shop are......

Tea packets


Hot apple cider packets

Hot cocoa packets

Bottle cap "buttons" and charms

These are the most precious images! I bought them from an Etsy shop


I made some more of my old standby.... Hershey Bar pockets for Christmas. Each one comes tucked cozily in a cello bag. These are so fun to make.




I LOVE this pastel Christmas paper! I used by bottle cap "buttons" on these pockets.



Next came a new project....some little Chapstick holders..........

Chapstick holders, with peppermint striped Chapsticks inside.

Insert Chapstick here



I think that is the sum of the things for the shop! As I said, I've been busy! I wanted to make a few more of the Scripture tag albums for the shop, but don't think I'll get them done in time for Christmas. 

I've also kept busy making some Christmas cards (not as many as I normally make) and a few little gifts for my family. I think my "busy-ness" has gotten me through these last few months.

I did manage to add a few items to my Etsy shop, but I've been really remiss in keeping my Etsy store current.


I did finally put up my tree - I wasn't going to but decided maybe it would bring me a little cheer, which it has, and I'm glad I did. I only have a few ornaments on it as my two most favorite ornaments boxes somehow got pushed to the back of my garage, behind alot of (very heavy) "stuff" that I don't feel like moving.

I found this DARLING patchwork PINK Santa at the Hummingbird Junction shop. Who could resist a pink and green Santa, all dressed up in his little vest with a little chain watch tucked in his pocket??

I'm not doing much house decorating this year, but I decided to at least make my dining table pretty. I found this neat wood tray at the one bazaar I went to, and have filled it with little trinkets from the Dollar Tree and things I had. I didn't do much digging in my Christmas decoration tubs this year....my heart is just not in it.



In digging through my decorations, I came across my ceramic village houses that I bought years and years ago. I painted some of them back in the 90's, and then in moving to central Oregon, several of them were broken. These are the ones left and I was so happy to find them! I hope to paint a few more over the holidays, as I'm staying home and not going anywhere.



The details in this barn are pretty amazing!

There was a little "weather excitement" around here in November, but I'll save that for the next post. I'm really slowing down on my posts, but I'll post when I can, and with little things I want to share.

I hope every one of you, friends, family and followers, has a nice Christmas, full of love, joy and peace.


~Marilyn~






ALL CONTENT © PINK PAPER COTTAGE.
PLEASE DO NOT COPY MY PHOTOS AND IMAGES INTO YOUR OWN POSTS WITHOUT FIRST LINKING TO THIS BLOG AND MY NAME.

14 comments:

  1. A beautiful and heartfelt blog post. You are an amazing woman who has faced many challenges in her life but you are a spiritual warrior my friend with a good and loving heart and many, many talents. what lovely lovely things you have made! These are all so incredibly lovely. You are blessed to have a shop to share your gifts with others who may also need the gifts of spirt.

    Merry Christmas in all of the deepest meanings of this season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michele! Yes.. many challenges to face, that's for sure. I pray for the strength to handle them, and the good Lord gives me that strength! I do love sharing what I make, and that's what keeps me going! Hugs to you and Merry Christmas! Marilyn

      Delete
  2. I am completely awestruck at how you have kept yourself busy. Congratulations!!! I know it's had to be so difficult, especially at this time of year. You are an inspiration!! Love all the things you have made. Thank you for taking time to share with all of us!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Char! yes a very difficult time.. and just "doing", whatever it is, is good medicine for me. Just sitting makes me think too much, though I do take time now and then to just sit and contemplate life, and what is in store for me next. Hugs to you! Marilyn

      Delete
  3. Marilyn. How truly amazing that while your heart is sad from such great loss you are finding inspiration and making your beautiful treasures. I think God put that special order in your path to remind you he is near. What beautiful gifts those will make. Glad you are working on your crafts and selling in this sweet little shop. That sweet Santa is just adorable. As you head on down to Christmas may you feel peace as you continue through your grief. Big Virtual Hugs sweet friend. Love to see all your cute crafty gifts you make so others can buy and pass them on to others. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kris. You are so right about that order.... ironic that it was for Scripture Journals! I needed that and just making those gave me much joy and peace... knowing I was sharing with others. I don't make much money on them at all, but still loved the idea that another person would take much pleasure from receiving it! Keeping busy and creating really brings me peace and joy, which I such a help right now. I'm so thankful I have the inspiration to keep doing it. Hugs.. Marilyn

      Delete
  4. Marilyn, this post warms my heart. I'm so glad you are crafting during this time of great loss. I can see God's hand in each of your creations. The Treasured Scriptures are so dear. Who wouldn't love those? You have decorated your home beautifully. You may feel you haven't done much, but I think you have done a lot. You are so creative, and I think God wants you to express your creativity as an offering to Him, and a way to heal. I love everything you've made. The chapstick and candy bar holders, the tea and cocoa bags. All of it. I can just see all of it in the little shop. The Santa is darling. Thank you for sharing with us. Warm hugs. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nancy! I do think God's hand was in those sweet little Scripture journals... He brought me that order just at the right time. I think "creativity" IS my gift to others.. I've always wondered just what my purpose is in this life, but creating and making seems to be my biggest passion. The little shop (Hummingbird Juction) - what a sweet name - has all of my things in one little spot which I just love. She displays things so loveingly. I'm blessed to have that shop and the owner in my life, as I am blessed to have so many sweet ladies as blogger friends. And thank you for the hugs! xoxo Marilyn

      Delete
  5. I am sending you great big hugs, Marilyn. I love the things that you created and I am so happy that you were able to put up some of your decorations for Christmas. I think you are an amazingly strong woman. xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laura... my strength comes from Him.. for sure.. as otherwise I don't know how I would get through all of this, and my earlier loss of my son. HE has blessedly given me optimism as my nature, and I'm so thankful for it.. as I look forward as it being another journey for me. I am loving my few decorations that I brought out.. and hope to paint on my ceramic houses after Christmas! hugs... Marilyn

      Delete
  6. Marilyn, I am so glad your plan for keeping busy has helped you to go through what must be such a hard time for you. Even though I am proud of how you are handling things, I am so sorry for the reasons that you have to. I know that it can't be easy. Your sparkling lights must be helpful and I'm glad you did put some up. We both know from experience that time is what is needed to soften all the hard times and you are strong in the ways that you are getting through it all. I wish good things for you and hope you can keep up with your beautiful crafting. It will be helpful..Love, xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Judy.. keeping busy and wanting to BE busy is a real blessing! I'm glad I still have the motivation and inspiration to keep on with it. God has placed things in my path that have helped me get through this and I'm very thankful. I pray for strength all the time and so far, He has given it to me. I am truly enjoying my few decorations I put out.. just enough to remind me of this holiday and reason for it, and the lights really lift my spirits. Take care Judy... hugs.. Marilyn

      Delete
  7. All of your creations are lovely. It sounds like keeping busy with your crafts was a blessing. Wishing you peace during this holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much Amy. And wishing you a joyful and peaceful Chirstmas too. Marilyn

    ReplyDelete