Photo of my and signup.

Photo of my and signup.
If you want to subscribe to follow me via Mail Chimp, the signup is in my sidebar or at the bottom of my posts.

Sunday, June 9, 2013

LA PINE RHUBARB FEST - FUN DAY!

Our little town of La Pine, Oregon had their annual Rhubarb Festival yesterday. I'd never been, as we just moved here last Fall, but was anxiously waiting for it. I decided to have a little vendor booth with some of my handmade items and Close to My Heart Idea Books. We also displayed some of my husband's books that he wrote a couple of years ago (Making a Case for the Right Rifle, Who Can Own Just One?). (Here's his blog, rwmcleod.blogspot.com if you know anyone who likes to hunt and/or has a love of the older style rifles. His book is a really easy read and great for the experienced hunter/shooter or someone just starting out.) 

The Rhubarb Festival is put on by L&S Gardens in La Pine and it was an amazing event! I'm sure there were over 1500 people who attended!  L&S Gardens is south of La Pine is kind of old westy (is that a word?)........... really neat with old buildings and lots of old farm and gardening implements.

Their little general store.


Here's the part of our booth with my crafty stuff. I forgot my camera... darn! I would have taken tons more pictures. You know me and cameras. So I just took a few with my cell phone, which is old and doesn't take very good pictures.

I had a sign-up sheet for my blog, flyers, Idea Books and some Studio J layouts.
Here are some of the things I displayed: (UPDATE JANUARY, 2014 - many of the items shown here are now in my ETSY SHOP, My Pink Paper Cottage.)


Pin It
DARLING little Muslin Bag stamped with the retired Quick Card - Shell and "Thanks". I put candy or treats in some of the bags.

Pin It
Another muslin bag with the Cozy Cat stamp. Isn't it darling? I put glitter glue on all of the stamps.
I thought these would fly off the table!  but didn't. People exclaimed how cute they were but no buyers!  Oh well..  I love them anyway!

I had lots of tags, all packaged up so cute.

Pin It
I used our Dakota paper for the background (retiring I think at the end of July - boo hoo). And used a strip at the bottom of our Buzz & Bumble bulk papers (also retiring at the end of July) to add the orange color.
Pin It
What I LOVE about this tag and some others I made, is that I used some scraps of Pendleton wool that I found at a flea market in Bend... and I cut little pieces to use on the tags. I think it turned out really neat.  Oh... I also used the zip strips from the Dakota papers for the different sayings, such as "Country Pride", "Cowboy Cool", "Back in the Saddle Again", etc.

Pin It



I LOVE this tag! It's my favorite little work of art. I used a piece of the wool that didn't have any orange in it, so could use a blue paisley piece of the Dakota paper. I put a little lasso with the cowboy button (I got at a fabric shop in Bend) and little ties of twine. I added some western effect by drawing in the barbed wire around each tag.Pin It


Here are some holiday tags I made. One gal bought several as she said her and her husband's anniversary is on the 4th.  They are so perfect to "celebrate" their special day.

Pin It



I did NOT used CTMH papers for these tags. I purposely bought some blue and white glitter papers and the neat buttons knowing I wanted to make some 4th of July tags. I had no idea how to design these, I just started playing with shapes I had cut out with the Cricut and the striped red, white and blue paper I found on sale at JoAnn's! I didn't have any good blue CTMH cardstock or even any red. The little silver glitter stars are made using our wonderful, gorgeous silver glitter paper.  I love it and hope we get more colors in our next catalog.

I displayed all of my items in little cello bags I found at a scrapbook store in Newport, Oregon when I was there a few weeks ago.  Glad I had them!  I used the woodgrain Dakota paper for the background of most of my packaging, and I love the look!  I had alot of comments on that paper. If you love western stuff, be sure to get some before the end of July!  I bought a bulk pack of the 24 sheets of just the woodgrain, because I love it so much.  I may even get another bulk pack!

Here is my packaging:

Pin It
I made TONS of rosettes!  Most were NOT using CTMH papers, as when I started playing around with making these over a month ago, I had no plan to sell them at a vendor booth!  So I used a bunch of scrap papers that I had left over from other projects "pre-CTMH" days.  I am TOTALLY ADDICTED to making rosettes, and using my little SECRET makes them so much easier! 
I plan to put a rosette tutorial on here soon, showing my little secret.

Pin It
A made quite a few paper flowers. I love these and they are so easy to make. Make a comment or email me if you are interested in learning how to make these. They look so real.

Pin It

It was a long day (and HOT - around 90 degrees) but I had fun. Didn't do great selling things, but a couple of ladies bought Idea Books and a few things, and several took my business cards.  You never know when that one person who takes a card may become your best customer!  Many people asked "what do you use those rosettes for?".  I was surprised!  Next time, I'll have put out samples to show how they are used.

I've never done a vendor booth with my CTMH business. I didn't really want to be making things or do make and takes.  (I was worn out from making stuff!).  I just wanted to get my cards and catalogs "out there".

Well.. that's how I spent my June 8th!  How did you spend yours?


 

No comments:

Post a Comment