Photo of my and signup.

Photo of my and signup.
If you want to subscribe to follow me via Mail Chimp, the signup is in my sidebar or at the bottom of my posts.

Monday, March 17, 2014

15 minute Quick Cards #1.

I LOVE making cards, and I love making fussy, frilly, sweet, sassy cards!  But.... sometimes I just need something quick, simple and easy. I want it DONE and out the door in 15 minutes or less!

I decided to start a series here on my blog of "15 minute quick cards". Oh sure, I could probably do one in 8-10 minutes, but I just CAN'T not dress my cards up a little bit, so for me, "quick" is about 15 minutes worth of my time. If I want to make one faster, I'll omit a bow or some gems, or something I might need to "fussy cut".

I made the "shadow" underneath the heart by stamping some scrolls onto a white cardstock heart I cut out using the Cricut (actually had it left over from Valentine's Day), glued it onto the card, and then put the orange heart on top.
First up - I used some strips of my retired Buzz & Bumble papers. I stamped on a banner tag that I cut out, and then cut a little heart from a scrap and stamped some little scrollys around the edge and popped it up with 3D foam tape. Of course I added a little gem!

Next is a card using leftover scraps from Sarita (retired) papers. I used some of CTMH's Smokey Plum cardstock for the card base.

The little envelope on the front of the card is from the My CrushTM Bluebird Memories Assortment. Just love the little envelopes! and I put a little tag inside that I stamped "love you" on the back of.


I made the quick flower by stamping two flowers on white cardstock, with the flower from a retired Hostess Rewards stamp set, cut them out, then adhered one to the card, and then curled the edges of the top flower and used a 3D foam dot to lift it off the card. Really, it only takes about 2 minutes to make that flower!
Last but not least - I used a scrap of some Dakota woodgrain paper (retired) and adhered it to a white card. I used a little piece of the Ruby Chevron ribbon which I love against the woodgrain! We also have it in blue denim.  I want to thank Michelle Johns from My Flights of Fancy for the idea I got for this wood grain card with the ruby chevron ribbon.

I stamped the sentiment from the same retired stamp set and matted it on red cardstock, used some red shimmer trim (we also have PURPLE and bronz) and added a little chipboard banner I had left from another project.
( SIDE NOTE: I was so sad to see the Dakota wood grain papers go away!  But now, I'm happy again because Close to My Heart came out with the Timberline paper pack that has more of a brownish toned wood grain paper (see circled red below). Wood grains are so great to use for ANYTHING! from western, to country, to shabby chic, cottage or vintage. For my customers, I can purchase the bulk papers from Timberline, which is 24 sheets of the wood grain paper (2-sided as shown below). Contact me if you want to know about bulk paper packs).



I timed myself on all 3 cards, and each one took less than 15 minutes! Using the shimmer trim and adding little gems really dresses up a card and it is so FAST to add them. 


Look for more of my 15 minute Quick Cards posts in the near future.  Would love to see you try one and let me know if you got it done in 15 minutes or less.  Use up those scraps girls!




  photo Blogsignature2smallersizeforblog_zps20ad3d10.png

No comments:

Post a Comment