Photo of my and signup.

Photo of my and signup.
If you want to subscribe to follow me via Mail Chimp, the signup is in my sidebar or at the bottom of my posts.

Friday, January 23, 2015

Masculine music card with burlap.

What kind of card do you make for a guy who loves music and guitars?........ A "grungy" sort of guy who loves black? This is a what I came up with!



I used a 5x7 black card base, vintage music paper, burlap, and some Graphic45 paper (a mat behind the sheet music) to stack up my elements.
I've got burlap peeking out of the back and another piece on the bottom. My sister gave me a HUGE piece of burlap that was used to wrap a Christmas gift she got for her husband. How lucky was that? I'm going to make good use of that burlap! I just cut off a piece about 5 x 7 inches and pulled threads out to make it frayed. I cut another little piece for the bottom.



This card was a birthday card for my stepson, who loves music and plays the guitar. I found some vintage sheet music from Karen at The Graphics Fairy, and grunged it up some more with black ink. You can barely see it here. I wish I would have let it show more.  I also found some little music quotes from different free online sites, and printed them on cream cardstock, then cut them out and grunged them up with black ink.  I used some little Tim Holtz stick pins to poke them into the burlap.


I left the top of the guitar cutout open to act as a little pocket for these tickets. Another freebie I found at The 80s Me blog. Her blog is darling, and has lots of other neat kinds of tickets. These were music tickets. The piece of "string" is a thread I pulled out of the burlap.
I had a HECK of a time finding some neat guitar graphics! I looked on Etsy and various online image sites, but nothing was "pretty". I have to have something pretty on my cards! I finally found some at a site called SeoDesigns. They have all sorts of neat downloads such as graphics, vectors, brushes, etc. I printed one on cream cardstock, and then cut it out using some of my fancy edge (cheap) scissors.

I found this site when I was searching "google images" for guitar graphics. Google Images is a great place to go when you're looking for something in particular.



The inside of my card uses some more Graphic45 paper at the bottom. The sentiment is one I found online and I used a fancy font that I found at KevinandAmanda.com. I typed the sentiment and then printed it out on cream cardstock and cut the edges with my fancy edged scissors. KevinandAmanda have some awesome fonts. 

I also made a little sheet music envelope to hold (of course!) some cash. I used the We Are Memoray Keeps Envelope Punch Board (6x6 piece of paper and 3x4 sized envelope), and made it a look vintage by inking the paper and edges with Tim Holtz vintage photo distress ink.

By the way, my stepson absolutely LOVED this card! I think it's definitely a guy card. He noticed every little element I used and said he's going to keep it forever! Made me feel really good.

Have you made any masculine cards lately and if so, where can I see them?
   photo Blogsignature2smallersizeforblog_zps20ad3d10.png

2 comments:

  1. Awesome card, I bet he loved it! You are so talented with fabric and paper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment! I really had fun making this one and am going go make some more masculine cards soon! I have some good ideas I want to try out. Marilyn

      Delete