Photo of my and signup.

Photo of my and signup.
If you want to subscribe to follow me via Mail Chimp, the signup is in my sidebar or at the bottom of my posts.

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

FATHER'S DAY EASY CARDS USING SCRAPS.

Wow can you believe it's almost Father's Day already? I actually made a few cards for fathers I know and they are done and ready to mail! I'm usually way behind. My own father passed away in 2001, and I'll think of him with fondness this Sunday.  Oh such good memories I have of my dad (read to the end for a snippet of my recollections).

Here are my cards (below). They were quick and easy and I used scraps from various Close to My Heart papers that are now retired.

I was inspired by a card made by Aaron Brown at Aaron's Booth #32.  I loved her use of the current CTMH Jubilee papers, but I chose to use scraps from my past projects. No waste, right? I save almost all of my scraps, right down to 1" by 2"!!!
Here is Aaron's card:


I found the little "June 2014" calendar from organizedhome.com and printed it out on cream cardstock and distressed the edges with brown ink.

The "Happy Father's Day" is computer generated. I printed it onto our CTMH Colonial White cardstock, cut it out and then distressed the edges with brown ink. I popped it up with 3D foam dots.


I made this base card with black cardstock, and used some scraps from an old CTMH B&T sample pack. Those little 6 inch squares come in so handy. I used a scalloped punch to punch out the flower and added a few gems here and there.  The 3 little hearts I punched with a tiny little heart punch and popped them up.



I had a few Kraft cards hanging around, so used those for the first 2 cards. I made the black card using a leftover piece of black cardstock. I tried to keep these cards more masculine, but a little "girlyness" crept in!  I just can't help it!

The black card looked a little empty in the upper left corner, so I used a little plastic stencil I have and a peach colored gel pen, to stencil the little row of squiggles along the top and left side. I like how it turned out!


My dad, my sister and I.  I'm the cutie in the front!
I have such great memories of going fishing with my dad when I was about 8 to 13 years old. He loved to fish along creeks and rivers in the mountains by Mt. Hood, Oregon. I also remember a fishing trip I took with him and my older sister, to the Steens Mountains in Eastern Oregon. What a time we had but NO PICTURES to chronicle it! Those memories are forever preserved only in my mind.


Are your cards for Father's Day done yet??? What special memories do you have of your father?


  photo Blogsignature2smallersizeforblog_zps20ad3d10.png

No comments:

Post a Comment