Photo of my and signup.

Photo of my and signup.
If you want to subscribe to follow me via Mail Chimp, the signup is in my sidebar or at the bottom of my posts.

Thursday, March 13, 2014

SUBWAY ART.

I've been busy making some new Subway Art for my Etsy shop. It is SO MUCH fun and very addictive! Here's a fun one I made for St. Patty's Day:


And I made a set of tags to go with it - you could use the little tags to attach to little gifts or inside of cards, or even use then ON your cards for decoration.  Or maybe tuck one inside your child's lunchbox (do kids carry those anymore?) on St. Patrick's Day... or drop a little "surprise" tag on your co-worker's desk.

(PLEASE NOTE that all of my Subway Art images on this blog post are very low resolution with watermarks.)
 
For a nice large jpeg "instant download" without any watermarks, for printing up to an 8x10 printable for framing (or any other size you wish to print), you can go to my Etsy shop, MyPinkPaperCottage to purchase a Subway Art printable PLUS the tags, for just $3.00.


FRAME YOUR SUBWAY ART!

MAKE CARDS WITH YOUR SUBWAY ART!
What IS Subway Art you ask? Where did it get its name? Here's what I found when I did a search on the internet. 
  
Typography art or Subway Art is the technique of arranging type and type design, and using type/font modification to create a piece of work which can be visually captivating or to convey a thought provoking message or action.
I also believe the term "Subway Art" came about from the artistic graffiti that was drawn on the subway walls in New York and England, beginning back in the 60's and 70's.

Here's an old Irish Blessing that I've always loved. I used some pretty fonts for the verse:
USE A COLORED FRAME AND A COLORED MAT.
  And here are the tags:


I have several more Subway Art Printables suitable for cards or framing, such as for a boy (blues), a girl (pink and purples) and a new one for quilting.  I'm working on more as I write, and will be uploading those soon. 

Each printable that I make has a set of tags to go with it.  

What themes would YOU like to see for my Subway Art in my Etsy Shop?  Please comment and let me know.

 


I hope you'll go take a look at my fun Subway Art at my Etsy Shop.  It's my newest addiction! Enjoy!


  photo Blogsignature2smallersizeforblog_zps20ad3d10.png

No comments:

Post a Comment