Photo of my and signup.

Photo of my and signup.
If you want to subscribe to follow me via Mail Chimp, the signup is in my sidebar or at the bottom of my posts.

Sunday, March 9, 2014

FREEBIE - MARCH REDISCOVER HOME-CTHM DOWNLOAD.

SORRY.... THIS POST IS NOW OUTDATED. SPECIALS ARE NO LONGER AVAILABLE. Marilyn

It's March already and time to go get your FREE Rediscover Home download from Close to My Heart!

Pop on over to my website HERE and below the big blue "Rediscover" box, click on Rediscover Home to open up the PDF of cute little spice circle printables.

Aren't these cute? This is a lower resolution copy so please got to my website link above to download the higher resolution PDF file for printing.
I even found the time to make a quick little card using some of the circles. I printed them smaller than full size so had to cut them out by hand! I think on a full 8x10 sheet of paper, you could use a 1-1/2" punch to punch them out.



I used a Kraft card, then glued on a pretty piece of rose paper (not CTMH - just a scrap I had). I glued a piece of pink grosgrain ribbon across the bottom and made a tag using our Colonial white cardstock, and did some sponging on it with our Cotton Candy inkpad. The word "sweet" is computer generated which I cut out. I stamped the words "as spice" using our  A Typeface stamp set (only $6.95) in black Staz-On ink.  By the way, I LOVE that stamp set and use it all the time for various words that I don't have on any of my stamp sets!

I then glued on the little circles that I had cut out. They were printed on glossy photo paper so have a nice sheen to them. I popped up two of the circles with foam dots. I tied a "fork bow" (because I can't just tie a bow with my fingers) and glued it onto the strip of ribbon with hot glue. Here's a good YouTube video for fork bows (you'll have to copy and paste): http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=RBza9q1rKRo

I made some faux stitching around the edge of the card with my white paint pen (which I love love love!).

And voila! a quick little card. This card qualifies as one of my 15 minute quick cards, easy peasy.  (I have another batch of my "quick cards" to post in a couple of days).



I think these little spice circles could be used on some little glass spice jars. Just glue them on using our Liquid Glass and they will stick forever! (can't be without my Liquid Glass!)

I'd love to see how you use these spice circles. Leave me a comment and tell me what you used them for. Would love to hear from you!

  photo Blogsignature2smallersizeforblog_zps20ad3d10.png

2 comments:

  1. What a creative way to use these spice circles on your sweet-themed card, Marilyn. The adorable little circles really pop against the floral cardstock. The pink bow is delicate and perfect - like your bows always are. I've often wondered how you make them look so neat. Now I know! Thank you for sharing the link to the great YouTube video on making fork bows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jean for the comment! Yes I love these little spice circles! I love anything with circles! You ought to try a fork bow.. they are really easy once you get the hang of it. I'm all thumbs when it comes to tying a bow. Marilyn

      Delete