Photo of my and signup.

Photo of my and signup.
If you want to subscribe to follow me via Mail Chimp, the signup is in my sidebar or at the bottom of my posts.

Sunday, October 20, 2013

KRAFT ALBUM AND MOD PODGE.


Just a quick post today to remind you of the really versatile and darling CTMH My Creations KRAFT POCKET ALBUM album! What a great gift it would make.  Here's mine (not done yet!) using this season's Huntington paper pack. 

Here's my Kraft Album cover. I"ve used some of the Huntington My Stickease  assortment for the little flags at the bottom and the sentiment and buttons. I made the dahlia type flower on the top left using of all things, last year's Pear & Partridge papers! It's amazing how so many of the CTMH papers from different catalogs match!

You can find some of my dahlia-type paper flowers in my ETSY SHOP.

Close to My Heart has just put a video on YouTube on some ideas on making an album using Mod Podge also!  I love using Mod Podge!  It protects and seals the papers when there is going to be alot of handling, especially photo albums. It is such a neat idea that I thought I'd post the video for you. Here is the video (to watch the video, you must be on my actual blog, not at your email inbox):





One pointer: When adhering the paper first to the album, instead of using the Tombo adhesive, I put a thin layer of the Mod Podge right onto the back of the paper, then put Mod Podge on the album front, and smooth the paper onto it, plus the strips of papers, and then put another layer of the Mod Podge OVER all of the papers, right over the edges onto the album.  This is a good way to be assured that the paper and the edges are snugly glued and secured to the album.  When you only use strips of adhesive to put the paper down, there will be bubbles in the paper. 

Another pointer: there may look like there are bubbles in the paper even AFTER you smooth it down really good!  but.. they go away once it is dried.

That is the way I do it anyway!  The Mod Podge is really a glue and a sealer. Once it dries, it is a little shiny and looks really neat.  I use it on all of my canvas board projects.

I inked all of the edges of the papers and my album using a Tim Holz distress ink. This Kraft album is a generous size and measures 6-3/8" x 8-1/4". There are 8 pages with 18 pockets inside. It's a great size to put 4x6 photos inside, or small envelopes and pieces of paper, flyers, memorabilia, etc.


I added some of the Huntington papers on the inside pages, inked all of the edges and added some of the Huntington My Stickease flowers. I did Mod Podge these two pages, but I don't think that's such a good idea to Mod Podge all of the pages as it makes them too thick.

I used our Kraft paper to make some 4-1/4" x 6-1/4" tags to put in the pockets. These are for journaling, and I will also do some blank tags so a person could adhere photos to them.

This photo shows the nice sheen that you get using Mod Podge.
One final photo - this is the darling Kraft album pictured in our Autumn/Winter 2013 Idea Book. This one has alot of detail and tabs on the pages. It uses the Babycakes papers. This album has not been Mod Podged.  And remember, these Babycakes papers (without the little giraffe and baby stickers) are beautiful colors to use for your Fall projects.  They aren't just for babies!

I hope you give this awesome Kraft pocket album a chance to become a gift for one of your loved ones. Try a little Mod Podge too.  And for someone who likes to craft, why not give them this album made up in a "kit", with the papers all cut out and ready to stick onto the album cover and pages, some Kraft "tags", and a set of the My Stickease stickers to match the paper set??

If you have any questions on Mod Podging, please comment or email me. The Mod Podge brand also has some great tutorial videos on You Tube. I'm always glad to help!

No comments:

Post a Comment