Photo of my and signup.

Photo of my and signup.
If you want to subscribe to follow me via Mail Chimp, the signup is in my sidebar or at the bottom of my posts.

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

QUILT WITH PAPER.

Since I've been a passionate seamstress all of my life since I was about 8 years old, and an avid quilter since the 1970's (eeekkk I guess that shows my age!), I am overjoyed with the thought of "quilting" using paper!



Isn't this just the prettiest card??? I love it!  I used 1 inch squares of paper cut from our (retired) Sonoma papers, and then arranged them in a quilt pattern. The quilted cards idea came from Suz Daniels, a fellow Close to My Heart consultant. Once I saw her cards, I knew I would HAVE to try this myself!

Add a little ribbon and lace (of course I always like to add lace!) and a little sentiment, and you are done! My "sew sweet" sentiment came from using separate alphabet stamps. I used the sweet little A Typeface stamp set (A1117) which I love as can make any words I want.... at only $6.95, what a deal!

I also did some faux stitching around the edges of my creamy cardstock border using a black fine tipped marker, and drew some black lines between the squares (to cover any little spaces).

Tiny little buttons hot glued on each intersection give this card a real quilted look.
For the inside, I had some strips left that I had cut off the edges of my original "mini quilt square" to make it fit, so I used those to border my sentiment.  


Some little stamped buttons and more faux stitching finished off the inside.

A NOTE ABOUT STUDIO J.
To digress for a minute (which I am known to do) if you love these Sonoma papers, or any of our "retired" papers, they are mostly all still available by using Close to My Heart's awesome digital scrapbooking program, Studio J.  All of the retired papers (and current ones too!) are available for creating gorgeous 12x12 scrapbook pages which are then mailed to you. 

I've discovered, if I just have to have "one more sheet" of one of the BEAUTIFUL, LOVELY, YUMMY retired papers, I can create a layout using one small photo, have it mailed to me, and the rest I can cut up and use for cards or other projects (or leave whole for adding more photos and embellishments). 

I LOVE this flexibility and I love Studio J!  Go HERE to try it out and look at all of the gorgeous papers and layouts. No charge.. it's free... it's fun!

Here's one of the Studio J available layouts using the Sonoma papers:

And here's one of my own layouts from Studio J using some of their whimsical, pink, pastel papers:



And now back to my main subject!  STAY TUNED for more quilt cards!  even better yet, subscribe to my blog (right hand column) of my HOME PAGE by filling in your email address, and you will receive each new blog post right to your email inbox. 

 In August, I'm going to have a giveaway of some of my quilt cards!  More to come............ 

The Autumn/Winter 2013  Close to My Heart IDEA BOOK GOES PUBLIC ON AUGUST 1ST!  Maybe a sneak peak tomorrow.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment