Photo of my and signup.

Photo of my and signup.
If you want to subscribe to follow me via Mail Chimp, the signup is in my sidebar or at the bottom of my posts.

Saturday, February 23, 2013

RIBBON RAVES!

Wow do I love some of the Close to My Heart ribbons! There are so many new ones, but my two favorites are the Dark Chocolate striped Grosgrain Ribbon and the Slate Satin Polka Dot Ribbon which to me, just really give a card something extra. The pictures in the catalog DO NOT do these justice!

Here's a pretty card I just made using the slate polka dot ribbon. I think it's gorgeous!

I USED THE SONOMA (RETIRED) PAPERS WHICH I ABSOLUTELY LOVED! I USED SOME SLATE CARDSTOCK THAT CAME WITH THE SONOMA PAPERS FOR THE CARD BASE. THIS BOW IS ACTUALLY A REAL TIED BOW.
Here's another one with a little different twist on the bow:

ON THIS ONE, I JUST TOOK A PIECE OF THE SLATE RIBBON AND TIED IT WITH SOME SILVER TWINE.

I just LOVE THESE CARDS!!!


I love the Close to My Heart cardstock.  It is so heavy duty and makes beautiful card bases. Not flimsy like the card sets you buy elsewhere.

Now for the Chocolate Brown Grosgrain striped ribbon.  I am totally hooked on this one!  Here's a birthday card I made using the (retired) Pemberly papers.  I think the ribbon just adds so much. I put little plain brown grosgrain knots on top of it.


And here's a Christmas card I previously made, using the Pear & Partridge papers (retired) last December.  That brown grosgrain ribbon goes with just about anything!

I TIED A LITTLE PIECE OF TWINE AROUND THE GROSGRAIN RIBBON.  I ALSO USED DAKOTA  PAPER FOR THE BACKGROUND. I LOVE THAT WOODGRAIN LOOK AND IT IS STILL AVAILABLE!
I've seen the Dakota woodgrain papers used with our new CHANTILLY  papers on vintage-look cards.  Here is a darling card posted by Sarah Stone Creations. It's hard to believe you could put woodgrain with pastels and get vintage!

SEE THAT DAKOTA WOODGRAIN PAPER BEHIND THE LEAVES AND FLOWERS
 I also love the Hollyhock Zipper Lace and the Burlap Ribbon.  I'll try to get some samples on my blog soon.

Happy ribboning!! {is that really a word?} 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment