Photo of my and signup.

Photo of my and signup.
If you want to subscribe to follow me via Mail Chimp, the signup is in my sidebar or at the bottom of my posts.

Monday, December 3, 2012

USE YOUR SCRAPS AND PHOTOS FOR CARDS.

Hi all, 
PLEASE BE SURE TO READ MY PREVIOUS POST
ON THE CLOSE TO MY HEART
CHRISTMAS SALE GOING ON NOW! 

Here's a quick post to show a couple of neat little Christmas cards I made. One is a photo card and one is using some little bits of paper scraps that I always have tons of!  In fact, my drawer is so full of small scraps of paper that I can't bear to get rid of, that I have to figure out a way to use them!

Here's my "scrap" card!  I just love it! I didn't use all Close to My Heart papers as I have tons of "other" papers that I used before CTMH, but the plaid and red are CTMH papers and the card base is green card stock from one of my Close to My Heart paper packs. 


I used a design from the Make it From Your Heart, Volume I, page 42, and reconfigured it somewhat. Everyone should have one of these Make it From Your Heart magazines. I think this will become a regular on each new Idea Book. It has so many beautiful designs and ideas.


Page 42 from Make it From Your Heart, Volume I.


As you can see, instead of little squares on the top, I punched round circles, using my 1" punch. I do not have a square punch and DID NOT YET have a Cricut die cutting machine.. but I do now!  I just got it a few days ago (finally!).   I'll have to post some more photos later this month of things I make using my brand new Cricut Expression machine!  For this card, I had to improvise.. I do have a stamp set with letters, but they were too big for the little 1" circles, so I just wrote my own NOEL using a red sharpie pen.. added some glitter around the edges, and punched little red circles to go underneath each letter to give a shadow effect.

I just love the antiquey look of this card!  I distressed all the edges with Cocoa ink, and stamped some little gold ornaments at the bottom using the Christmas Love (D1492) My Acrylx Stamp Set from last year's Autumn/Winter Idea Book, and used more gold glitter on the ornaments.  The Happy Holidays is from another retired stamp set.



Here's a photo card I made using some of our alpaca pictures, a white card base (from "other" store) and the striped stamp from the November special, double stamp set (stamped on the sides).  This was quick and easy. I used the neat little program Smilebox to create my little photo display with sentiment, that is mounted on top of the white card.


 As you can tell, I'm hooked on photo cards and Smilebox!  If you have any questions on how to use Smilebox, just email me.

Added a little sparkly ribbon and a bow, and done!

 THESE WERE JUST FOR FUN!  HAPPY SCRAPPING!

 Signatureblack-1

1 comment: