I had all of my cards done and ready to mail the other day, when I realized I was short one card! Plus... I had put everything away! Here is what I did to get one more card made in very short order, maybe less than 10 minutes:
1. Found a piece of kraft card stock, 81/2 x 11 in size.
2. Went through some papers I had purchased and found a gorgeous piece of black glitter paper (not CTMH).
3. Dumped out all the little extra shapes I'd cut using my (new) Cricut Expression (that I just love!) and pulled out a couple of tags and a few stars.
4. Laid out a quick design on the kraft card (made 5x7 in size) by cutting my kraft paper 10 x 7 and folding it in half.
5. Distressed edges with cocoa ink on the kraft paper and red ink on the cream card stock.. and I had already stamped a greeting on some cream card stock tags. Here is what I came up with!
I had previously cut some cream stars and green glitter paper stars of different sizes, so just put two together, distressed the edges in red and put a little jewel on top. I stuck the green star flat, and put 3D foam tape under the cream star to make it stand out.
On the inside, I stamped a blessing on cream card stock, distressed it and stuck it on.
|This is the Christmas Love stamp set from Autumn/Winter 2011. LOVE IT!|
It took longer to explain how to make this card, than it actually took to make it!
Here's another fairly quick card I made using the Dakota paper. I love the wood grain and tweedy design on the back! This paper will be so versatile so I bought the bulk pack.
|I distressed the edges of the card in cocoa ink, red on the cream card stock and used the Nature's Gift stamps (from Autumn/Winter 2011). I had a scrap of this cute snowflake ribbon and put a little twine bow on.|
|I used 3D foam tape to lift up the little tag, and used green glitter paper that I purchased elsewhere. I LOVE GLITTER PAPERS! I matted the tweedy design with some red paper I had already cut and it fit perfectly!|
|Used some more of my extra stars, with 3D foam tape behind them, and a few sparkles.|
There's still time.................. get busy! (as if you didn't have enough to do right?)