Photo of my and signup.

Photo of my and signup.
If you want to subscribe to follow me via Mail Chimp, the signup is in my sidebar or at the bottom of my posts.

Saturday, December 22, 2012

QUICK AND EASY CARDS.

Note: Before I begin this post, I want you to know that I have placed a special prayer on the top of the home page of my blog, for the families of the Newton tragedy. My heart hurts for them and everyone affected.

I had all of my cards done and ready to mail the other day, when I realized I was short one card! Plus... I had put everything away! Here is what I did to get one more card made in very short order, maybe less than 10 minutes: 

1. Found a piece of kraft card stock, 81/2 x 11 in size. 

2. Went through some papers I had purchased and found a gorgeous piece of black glitter paper (not CTMH). 

3. Dumped out all the little extra shapes I'd cut using my (new) Cricut Expression (that I just love!) and pulled out a couple of tags and a few stars. 

4. Laid out a quick design on the kraft card (made 5x7 in size) by cutting my kraft paper 10 x 7 and folding it in half. 

5. Distressed edges with cocoa ink on the kraft paper and red ink on the cream card stock.. and I had already stamped a greeting on some cream card stock tags. Here is what I came up with!

 
I added a little twine bow and a piece of leftover ribbon (not CTMH) that I had. I used the CTMH Pear & Partridge papers for the tags which is still available. I hated to cut into it but made a bunch of other cards using it and they came out gorgeous!

I had previously cut some cream stars and green glitter paper stars of different sizes, so just put two together, distressed the edges in red and put a little jewel on top.  I stuck the green star flat, and put 3D foam tape under the cream star to make it stand out.  

On the inside, I stamped a blessing on cream card stock, distressed it and stuck it on.

This is the Christmas Love stamp set from Autumn/Winter 2011.  LOVE IT!

I'm loving my new (reconditioned) Cricut Expression!  I had cut extra tags and stars when I was playing around with sizes, etc.  This was a good lesson learned because then I could just pick through what I already had!  Neat!  I think I'll have little baskets of my shapes for the different holidays or seasons.  I've already started a scrap box with just Christmas scraps and a little basket with Christmas tags, labels and shapes.

It took longer to explain how to make this card, than it actually took to make it!

Here's another fairly quick card I made using the Dakota  paper.  I love the wood grain and tweedy design on the back! This paper will be so versatile so I bought the bulk pack.

I distressed the edges of the card in cocoa ink, red on the cream card stock and used the Nature's Gift stamps (from Autumn/Winter 2011).  I had a scrap of this cute snowflake ribbon and put a little twine bow on.

I used 3D foam tape to lift up the little tag, and used green glitter paper that I purchased elsewhere.  I LOVE GLITTER PAPERS! I matted the tweedy design with some red paper I had already cut and it fit perfectly!
Used some more of my extra stars, with 3D foam tape behind them, and a few sparkles.
 VOILA!  There are my two quick cards.

There's still time.................. get busy!  (as if you didn't have enough to do right?)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment